Friday, February 10, 2006

Support Net Freedom

(Crossposted to The Gypsy Librarian)



I have been reading about this issue in the news here and there: Network neutrality. Educate yourself and then take a look at the NetFreedom Now Campaign because this can affect not only you and me, but anyone who needs or wants to have good access to the Internet and online world. Given that much of what we do is online now, this is something to be concerned about. I am specially concerned about the possibility that it may serve as yet another way to increase the gap between the haves and have nots. And considering that I already pay a king's ransom for my broadband connection, I am not buying the CEO's ideas about needing to charge more. Not to mention I am not thrilled over the idea that if I want to access certain content, they may ban it because it is a competitor or does not pay extra fees. So, as I said, get educated and go do something.

A hat tip to Laura's LIS.Dom, who also has the links for images like the one I used here.

No comments: