Thursday, April 26, 2007

Observing Blog Silence on Monday

Next Monday, April 30, 2007, I will be observing OneDayBlog Silence in memory of those who lost their lives at Virginia Tech (April 16, 2007). For me, at least, this will be my small expression about the events and very small way to convey my condolences to the families and friends. I hope others will join me and other bloggers.

However, there are also some who believe that instead of silence we should speak out. For any readers interested in that point of view, feel free to visit the following places:

If instead you feel moved to write on that day, go right ahead. I respect their points of view, but for me, I figure I can post and blog any day. For a brief moment, I can stop and offer some thoughts for the victims. On Monday then, the blogs will be silent, and comments will be closed. "No words and no comments. Just respect, reflect and empathy."

Find out who else is writing about this (Technorati Search)

Best, and keep on blogging.

(crossposted to The Gypsy Librarian. It will also be crossposted to Gypsy Librarian onVox, FB, and Alchemical Thoughts).

No comments: