Friday, May 04, 2007

I am neither an early bird or a night owl

It's Friday, so it's time, once again, for everybody. . . you get the idea. This was an interesting little quiz to see if you are a late night person or an early riser. In my case, I am pretty flexible. For me, it depends on circumstances. Though I can stay up late if something interests me or has to be done, I will get myself to bed early if I know I have to be up early the next day. I don't care much when I get my eight hours or so of continuous sleep. I just have to get them in somewhere. On a side note, while in graduate school, I did some of my best writing late at night. The house was quiet. I would usually get some sleep early in the evening, get up sometime after midnight and get a paper written for instance.

Take the quiz yourself here.

Anyhow, here is my result:

You are a hummingbird
You are neither. Chronobiologist Michael Smolensky refers to your more flexible type as a "hummingbird." You tend to be ready for action both morning and night, in sync with our culture's demands.




A hat tip to Liz's Library Tavern.

No comments: