Friday, August 22, 2008

My political compass

Once again, we made it to another Friday. Since it is an election year, and the conventions are soon kicking off in the states, a political quiz seems like the right thing for this week. While personally I tend to dislike talking about politics, I don't make an effort to hide my views. While, on reflection, I am probably more on the liberal side, I share a lot with libertarians and some conservatives. If I could have a blend of good safety nets for those that need them and strong personal responsibility and accountability, we'd be to a good start in my humble opinion.

Well, here are my results for the Political Compass Test. Given it measures you on the basis of attitudes and beliefs in general, I find it pretty interesting, and when compared to other political quizzes I have tried, pretty accurate (well, for me anyways). Go give it a try.

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79


No comments: