Friday, February 20, 2009

The Guardian's 1000 Novels List: Damn, that's a lot of books!

I came across The Guardian's 1000 Novels Everyone Should Read a while back. It is a cool idea, even if I may not agree with all of the choices. Since I can't resist book lists, I am making a note of this one here. Now, when you go to the link I posted above, it will take you to the main page. You see, The Guardian has a series of small articles and posts related to the list. broken down by topics. Finding the actual list itself takes a little digging, but I am saving you the trouble by putting the list's link right here. The list is broken down by genres, which may be helpful. Personally, I think it is a little too high brow, but that is just me, and the labels are not perfect (there are a few things under the scifi/fantasy list that are not scifi by any common standard or stretch of the imagination). By the way, these lists cover fiction. You want nonfiction, you have to go someplace else. So, go take a look. See what you have read. Find some ideas of what else to read. Or just wonder about the fact someone made yet another book list claiming it is one everyone should read.

No comments: