Friday, April 10, 2009

Booknote: Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Anne Coulter

Another review from my GoodReads page:


Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter by Joe Maguire


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read enough of this book to last me a while. The book is basically a refutation of Anne Coulter's works up to Godless. Anne Coulter is already hard enough to read; not because she is difficult, but because she is so vicious (from rudeness to personal attacks) and full of lies that one has to exercise restraint not to throw her books against a wall if one has half a brain and knows how to use it. What Maguire does is look at what Anne has written on various topics and then refute it with the actual truth. He used Anne's words pretty much to help bury her. The problem for me is that I have to read parts of Coulter, which illustrate his points, and eventually, this can wear you out as a reader.



Needless to say, if you are a fan of Anne Coulter, this book, nor any other, will likely change your mind, no matter the evidence. And Maguire does do a good job of providing the evidence. If you are against Coulter, then this book may well provide some needed ammunition.






View all my reviews.

No comments: