Friday, June 14, 2013

Booknote: Country Music's Most Wanted

Francesca Peppiatt, Country Music's Most Wanted: The Top 10 Book of Cheatin' Hearts, Honky-Tonk Tragedies, and Music City Oddities. Dulles: Brassey's, 2004. ISBN: 9781574885934.

This book is an amusing collection of all kinds of country music trivia and lists. Find out who borrowed a helicopter, then flew it to Johnny Cash's lawn in order to pitch him a song. Learn more about country music performers who also pitched and sold products from chicken to sausage. Love affairs, divorces, films, crimes, train songs and truck songs, so on, they are all here. There is even a list of tequila songs. The book is part of Brassey's Most Wanted series. Fans of country music will probably enjoy this one. Folks like me who just like trivia and learning little things here will probably like it as well. I can say that the book also helped me put some of the things I learned and saw on trips to places like Nashville, TN in better context. I will note that I borrowed this from my local public library.

No comments: