Subgenre: cookery, quotations, trivia
Format: small hardcover
Source: My local public library.
I am giving it four out of five stars.
Here are some favorite quotes from the book I wanted to remember:
- "The universe is in order when your station is set up the way you like it." -- Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential (2000).
- "Cooking is the oldest, most basic, and most universal human application of physical and chemical changes to natural chemicals." -- Arthur E. Grosser, The Cookbook Decoder, Culinary Alchemy Explained.
- "Everything in moderation, including moderation." -- Julia Child (1912-2004).
- "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." -- Conrad Hilton, hotel executive.
- "Anybody can make you enjoy the first bite of a dish, but only a real chef can make you enjoy the last." -- Francois Minot, French chef and restaurant consultant (1936-) .