Friday, June 22, 2018

Booknote: Clean Up on Aisle Stupid!

Darby Conley, Clean Up on Aisle Stupid! A Get Fuzzy Collection. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel, 2015.  ISBN: 9781449462949.

Genre: comics and graphic novels
Subgenre: humor, pets
Format: paperback
Source: Berea branch of the Madison County (KY) Public Library

I do not often post negative reviews, but I am jotting this down to make sure I remember this. This book is a collection of Get Fuzzy comic strips, and I honestly do not see the appeal. I picked this up because I have seen  the strip in newspapers here or there. Rob is an ad executive who lives with Bucky Katt, a not so humble genius feline, and Satchel, a loyal but very clueless dog. It sounds like a good premise, but the humor is just not there. I have no idea if the comic was trying to be serious because it sure was not making an effort to be funny. If this collection exemplifies the author's work, I could not care less and recommend readers skip it.

1 out of 5 stars (barely).

No comments: