Sunday, January 19, 2020

2019 Books Read. . . Bingo Style

I figured this would be a nice prompt to try out. I found it via Bev at My Reader's Block. The original idea apparently was to read books throughout the year to fit the bingo card. Like Bev, what I am doing here is looking at what I read in 2019 and seeing what might fit into the bingo card. It was not as easy as it sounds, and I think I got an interesting result or two.

The bingo card (which I got the same place Bev got hers):



My results (with links to reviews where available):

A book with more than 500 pages:

A Thousand Sons (Horus Heresy, Book 12)

A forgotten classic:

The Prophet


A book that became a movie:

The Infiltrator


 A book published in 2019



Book with a number in the title

Around the Tarot in 78 Days


Book written by someone under 30

N/A. I have no idea if I read any book that has author under 30 years old. Besides, that is not information most authors make readily available.

A book with non-human characters

Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack, Volume 14


A funny book

Dance Like Everybody's Watching


A book by a female author

 The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book


A book with a mystery: N/A. I did not read anything fitting this category in 2019.



A book with a one word title

Pherone


A book of short stories: N/A. No short story collections read in 2019.

Free square:  



A book set in a different continent

Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness (graphic novel adaptation)


A book of nonfiction



First book by a favorite author: N/A.

A book heard about online: Doing a bit of a stretch here. I read this because I saw the author as one of the experts in a documentary about the Chicago mob. I did watch the documentary streaming online. 

Get Capone


A bestselling book: N/A. To be honest, I am not sure if I read anything that would rate as a bestseller. Then again, I am not in the habit of pursuing whatever the rest of the herd follows in the bestsellers list. Oh well.

A book based on a true story

Hell's Cartel


A book at the bottom of the TBR pile



A book your friend loves



A second book in a series

Star Trek: Alien Spotlight, Volume 2


A book with a blue cover





No comments: