Monday, January 13, 2020

ARC's and review copies out of hand? I found a reading challenge to help with that.

I discovered this reading challenge recently, and I think I can make it work along with the NetGalley/Edelweiss Reading Challenge I am doing in 2020. I do not have too many ARCs (that is Advanced Reader Copies to my non-book reviewer, librarian, book trade friends) overdue since I managed to catch up on a lot of them last year as part of the book weeding I was doing at home. However, in addition to having books overdue reviews in NetGalley and Edelweiss, I do have some print books overdue as well, and I am determined to either get them reviewed or get them out of my shelves. I am looking at 2020 as a year to put my reading and reviewing back on a solid track and clean out as much as I can. So let's start reading and reviewing.

Detail highlights for the #ARCApocalypse 2020 Reader Challenge:

  • Read the basics here. This is a flexible kind of challenge with minimal rules. I am going to try to read and review as much as I can.
  • For me, I would like to clear the 2019 ARCs on NetGalley at least, which amounts to six. Then I will start tackling 2018, which is a lot more. We'll see how far I can get. 
  • I also have some print copies overdue at home. I have to check again and see what I will review. What I do not review I will likely release/weed out. 
  • I will add books to the list as I read them. I will link the book title to the book review when I post the review on the blog. 
  • Social media hashtag: #ARCApocalypse. 

List of books read for this challenge:

  1. Box Brown, Cannabis: The Illegalization of Weed in America
  2. David Avallone and Colton Worley (artist), Bettie Page, Volume 1: Bettie in Hollywood.
  3. Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson, Pizza: Over 100 Innovative Recipes for Crusts, Sauces, and Toppings for Every Pizza Lover.
  4. Tim Seeley, et.al., Bloodshoot (2019): Book One.  
  5.  Stuart Moore, et.al., Captain Ginger, Volume 1
  6. Jaymi Elford, Tarot Inspired Life.
  7. Melissa Cynova, Tarot Elements.
  8.  Sean Gordon Murphy, Batman: White Knight
  9. Jody Houser, et.al., Faith and the Future Force
  10. D.L. Hughley and Doug Moe, Surrender, White People! 
  11. Tom Tomorrow, Life in the Stupidverse
  12. Ange, et.al., Vampire State Building
  13. Rachel Harrison, Mark of Faith: an Adepta Sororitas Novel (Warhammer 40,000 novel).
  14. Bill Campbell, et.al., Baaaad Muthaz, Issue 1
  15. Various authors, Ripley's Believe It Or Not! (Zenescope series). 
  16. Jody Houser, et.al., Faith: Dreamside
  17. Leeza Robertson, Tarot Healer
  18. Justice Howard and Bloody Mary, Justice Howard's Voodoo.
  19. Carlo Cipolla, The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity.
  20. Christian Staebler, et.al., Redbone
  21. Donald Tyson, Essential Tarot Writings
  22. Mike Norton, Lil' Donnie
  23. Joe Benitez, Marcia Chen, et.al., Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte.
  24. Sean Gordon Murphy, et.al., Batman: Curse of the White Knight.
  25. Simon Spurrier, et.al., The Shadow: Leviathan.  

Update note (12/9/2020): Reading challenge completed. 

 


No comments: