Monday, January 13, 2020

Catching up on NetGalley and Edelweiss Titles in 2020

Like a good number of book reviewers out there, I've fallen behind on reviewing titles I have requested via NetGalley (mainly NetGalley. I do not use Edelweiss very much). Over last couple of years since I did this challenge, due to various issues ranging from my reading moratorium (no reading of political/social issues books) to a reading slump to just life happening, I've kept falling behind. So I am going to work this year to improve that NetGalley review percentage rate and lower the list of books that fell behind. So let's get this show on the road.



Detail highlights for the NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2020:

  • You can sign up for it and read the rules here
  • Runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
  • Any genre, release date, book length, etc. counts as long as the book comes via NetGalley or Edelweiss. 
  • I got some work to do, so I am initially committing to the Silver Level = 25 books read and reviewed. If I read more, I will upgrade the level. 
  • Social media hashtag: #NGEW2020.
  • I will add books to the list as I read them. I will link the book's review to the title on the list once I post a review. 

List of books read for this challenge:

  1. Box Brown, Cannabis: the Illegalization of Weed in America
  2. David Avallone and Colton Worley (artist), Bettie Page, Volume 1: Bettie in Hollywood.
  3. Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson, Pizza: Over 100 Innovative Recipes for Crusts, Sauces, and Toppings for Every Pizza Lover.
  4.  Tim Seeley, et.al., Bloodshot, Book One.
  5. Stuart Moore, et.al., Captain Ginger, Volume 1
  6. Jaymi Elford, Tarot Inspired Life.
  7. Melissa Cynova, Tarot Elements.
  8. Sean Gordon Murphy, Batman: White Knight
  9. Jody Houser, et.al., Faith and the Future Force
  10. D.L. Hughley and Doug Moe, Surrender, White People! 
  11. Tom Tomorrow, Life in the Stupidverse
  12. Ange, et.al., Vampire State Building
  13. Rachel Harrison, Mark of Faith: an Adepta Sororitas Novel (Warhammer 40,000 novel).
  14. Bill Campbell, et.al., Baaaad Muthaz, Issue 1
  15. Various authors, Ripley's Believe It Or Not! (Zenescope series). 
  16. Jody Houser, et.al., Faith: Dreamside
  17. Leeza Robertson, Tarot Healer
  18. Justice Howard and Bloody Mary, Justice Howard's Voodoo.
  19. Carlo Cipolla, The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity.
  20. Christian Staebler, et.al., Redbone
  21. Donald Tyson, Essential Tarot Writings
  22. Mike Norton, Lil' Donnie
  23. Joe Benitez, Marcia Chen, et.al., Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte.
  24. Sean Gordon Murphy, et.al., Batman: Curse of the White Knight.
  25. Simon Spurrier, et.al., The Shadow: Leviathan.  

Challenge commitment completed 12/19/2020.

 





No comments: