Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Reading Challenge: Backlist Reader 2021

 I did this challenge last year, and it was the one challenge I actually completed early, so I am feeling encouraged to try it again. In addition, I can do it along with the Virtual Mount TBR challenge (link to my sign up post) as the purpose of both reading challenges is similar: to read stuff on the TBR list. For this challenge, you can or not own the book.

If you are interested in this reading challenge and/or wish to sign up for it, you can do so here

Some rule details: 

  • Books for this challenge have to be published before 2020 and be on your TBR list already. 
  • Social online hashtag for this is #BacklistReader. 

I am planning to tying this closely to Virtual Mount TBR challenge, so for this challenge I will strive to either get books from my GoodReads TBR shelf and/or books listed in my "Items about books I want to read" series over at Alchemical Thoughts.  


Review linky post link.


I will add books to the list as I get to them. I will provide links to the reviews in the book titles after I post them here on the blog. Goal is flexible, so I am committing to 12 books, same as for Virtual Mount TBR. Naturally, if I read more, I will upgrade the goal.

List of books read for this challenge: 

  1. Peter Washington, Madame Blavatsky's Baboon
  2. George Anastasia (author), Joe Barrett (narrator), Gotti's Rules (audiobook edition).
  3. B. Clay Moore and Tony Harris, JSA Liberty Files: the Whistling Skull
  4. Henry Hill, as told to Gus Russo, Gangsters and Goodfellas (audiobook edition).
  5. Grady Hendrix with Will Errickson, Paperbacks from Hell
  6. Yuichiro Sueda (author) and Kei Honjo (artist), Sota's Knife, Vol. 1
  7. Barbara Moore and Eugene Smith, Tarot Made Easy deck kit.
  8. Ciro Marchetti, Tarot Grand Luxe.
  9. Nick Bilton, American Kingpin: the Epic Manhunt for the Criminal Mastermind Behind the Silk Road Drugs Empire.
  10. John Caudill, Who Killed Harlan Parker? 
  11. Diana B. Henriques, The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust (audiobook edition).
  12. Robert S. Mueller, Washington Post Company, et.al., The Mueller Report Illustrated: the Obstruction Investigation.
  13. Anthony DeStefano (author), Keith Sellon-Wright (narrator), The Big Heist: the Real Story of the Lufthansa Heist, the Mafia, and Murder (audiobook).
  14. Chris-Anne, The Light Seer's Tarot deck kit.
  15. Claudia Gray, Star Wars: Master and Apprentice.
  16. M. William Phelps, Kiss of the She-Devil
  17. Peter Normanton, ed., The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics.
  18. Gary Larson, The Chickens are Restless: a Far Side Collection.
  19. Jim Davis, Garfield Weighs his Options: his 49th Book
  20. Jim Davis, Garfield Shovels It In: his 51st Book
  21. Gary Larson, The Far Side Gallery.
  22. Jim Davis, Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack
  23. Gary Larson, The Far Side Gallery 2
  24. Gary Larson, The Far Side Gallery 4
  25. Gary Larson, The Far Side Gallery 5
  26. Ian Watson, The Inquisition War
  27. Garth Ennis, et.al., The Boys Omnibus, Volume 1
  28. Garth Ennis, et.al., The Boys Omnibus, Volume 2
  29. Mark Bray, Antifa: the Anti-Fascist Handbook.
  30. Mike Doyle, Beautiful LEGO.
  31. Stephen King, Danse Macabre.
  32. Jim Davis, Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack, Volume 12
  33. Jeff Rogers, Kentucky Wide
  34. Alana Fairchild, Divine Circus Oracle
  35. Philip Carr-Gomm, Stephanie Carr-Gomm, and Will Worthington, Druidcraft Tarot
  36. (No specific author), Star Wars: a New Hope: A Cinestory Comic
  37. Lunaea Weatherstone (author) and Mickie Mueller (artist), Mystical Cats Tarot
  38. Stacey DeMarco (author) and Jimmy Manton (artist), Earth Power Oracle.
  39. Eric D. Dunne and Kim Huggens, Tarot Illuminati.
  40. Various authors, Battle of the Planets Digest, Volume 1.

Update note (6/6/2021): With The Mueller Report Illustrated, I complete the initial commitment and thus the challenge. However, I will keep adding books as I read them over the year that qualify. Let's see how many more I can get. 

 

 

 

No comments: