Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Reading Challenge: Climbing Mount TBR in 2021

Once more, I will be attempting to climb the TBR mountain of books in 2021. If you are interested, want to learn more about the challenge, or you wish to sign up, visit My Reader's Block, host of the challenge, here. I do have a lot of books I own that I need to read, so doing this challenge encourages me to read some of those. 

I am keeping my initial commitment low, so I am choosing to attempt Pike's Peak (12 books in a year) from the TBR pile. If I make it past 12, I will upgrade to the next mountain (level). 

Some rule details (see the link above for full details): 

  • "Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2021--items requested or ordered prior to January 1, may count even if they arrive in the new year. No library books."
  • "Audiobooks and E-books may count provided they are yours prior to January 1. ARCs are also fine." I do not think I noticed this rule before, but this may be helpful for me this year. I do have a few ARCs, as e-books, so I may add them to the list here.
  • As I usually do with reading challenges, I will go ahead and add books to the list as I read them, and I will add the links to the reviews as I post the reviews. 
  • The hashtag for this on social media is #MountTBR2021. I admit I am pretty bad about using reading challenge hashtags online when I post reviews online. We'll see how it goes this year. 

 

Mount TBR Reading Challenge HQ Link

 

List of books read: 

  1. Ian Watson, The Inquisition War (Warhammer 40,000 omnibus).
  2.  B. Clay Moore and Tony Harris, JSA Liberty Files: the Whistling Skull
  3. Barbara Moore and Eugene Smith, Tarot Made Easy deck set. 
  4. Ciro Marchetti, Tarot Grand Luxe
  5. Chris-Anne, The Light Seer's Tarot
  6. Peter Normanton, ed., The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics
  7. Alana Fairchild, The Divine Circus Oracle
  8. Philip Carr-Gomm, Stephanie Carr-Gomm, and Will Worthington, Druidcraft Tarot.
  9. Lunaea Weatherstone and Micki Mueller, Mystical Cats Tarot
  10. Stacey DeMarco and Jimmy Manton, Earth Power Oracle
  11. Eric C. Dunne and Kim Huggens, Tarot Illuminati
  12. Various authors, Battle of the Planets Digest, Volume 1: Trial by Fire
 
Update note (12/6/2021): Challenge completed. The last book's review, Battle of the Planets Digest, is scheduled to go live on the blog on December 17. I'll add the link when it does.

 

No comments: