Saturday, June 03, 2006

Now that is one expensive tequila

I am a casual guy known to enjoy the occasional margarita or shot of good tequila. However, I don't think my humble librarian salary would be able to afford this tequila. Tequila Ley .925 is set to release what may be the most expensive bottle of tequila, which will set you back for only $150,000. Yes, you read that right. It is one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Why is it so expensive? Well, it is a limited edition, and it features limited art on a bottle made of platinum and gold. I think I am settling for the Cuervo, or the Sauza Tres Generaciones if I want something a bit higher in the food chain. Now, you can tell I would never make a good millionaire. If I could buy that bottle, I would open, invite a bunch of family and friends, and have a little fiesta with margaritas for all. I can always dream.

A hat tip to the Liquor Snob, who picks up the story here.

No comments: