Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Reading Challenge: NetGalley/Edelweiss Challenge 2021

The previous host of the challenge had announced they were looking for a new host, and I was worried the challenge would not continue. However, Socrates' Book Reviews picked up the baton, so they are hosting it for 2021. Since I always have NetGalley titles to catch up on, I am doing this once more. 

If you are interested or want to sign up, here is the sign up page.

Some rules details: 

  • Any genre, release date, etc. counts as long as it comes from NetGalley or Edelweiss. 
  • Books can count for other challenges. 

 


 
I will start out with the same initial commitment, and I will upgrade it if I read more. I will add books to the list as I get to them, and I will put review links in the book titles once I post the reviews here on the blog.
 
Silver = 25 books
 
List of books read for this challenge: 
 
  1. Grady Hendrix with Will Errickson, Paperbacks From Hell: the Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction.
  2. Yuichiro Sueda (author) and Kei Honjo (artist), Sota's Knife, Volume 1
  3. T. Susan Chang and M.M. Meleen, Tarot Deciphered: Decoding Esoteric Symbolism in Modern Tarot.
  4. Dennis Hopeless, et.al, X-O Manowar Book 1 (2021).
  5. Corinna Bechko, et.al., Green Lantern Year One, Volume 1.
  6. Katalin Koda, Experience the Mystery of Tarot.
  7. Sasha Graham, The Magic of Tarot.  
  8. Michael Carroll, John Higgins, and Sally Jane Hurst, Dreadnoughts Book 1: Breaking Ground
  9. Luis Bustos, Cocaine Coast.  
  10. David Nelles, et.al., This is Climate Change
  11. Rob Liefield and Chad Bowers, Snake Eyes: Deadgame (G.I. Joe).
 
 
Update note (12/6/2021): I can tell at this point that I am not going to be able to complete this challenge. I'll let COVID-19 take the blame on this since the situation does dampen the reading mood. I will consider if I try it again in 2022 or not.
 
 

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thank you for joining the NetGalley/Edelweiss Challenge. Good luck! I hope you read many great books!

A. Rivera said...

Yvonne,

Looking forward to it and seeing what others are reading. Best, and keep on blogging.