Saturday, October 15, 2005

Which Tarot Card Am I?. . or, can I draw another card?

From Mark Lindner's blog, . . . the thoughts are broken, this small quiz on what card of the Tarot deck are you. He pulled the Fool, which he thinks may be mistaken for him. I think based on the description he got, many librarians may fit that, at least the part about disregarding conformity, which I think many librarians do on a daily basis, including Mr. Lindner. At any rate, I decided to take the quiz myself, and my results are:

The Hierophant Card
You are the the Hierophant card. The Hierophant,
called The Pope in some decks, is the preserver
of cultural traditions. After entering The
Emperor's society, The Hierophant teaches us
its wisdom. The Hierophant learns and teaches
our cultural traditions. The discoveries our
ancestors have made influence the present.
Without forces such as The Hierophant who are
able to interpret and communicate traditional
lore, each generation would have to begin to
learn anew. As a force that is concentrated on
our past and our culture, The Hierophant can
sometimes be stubborn and set in his ways. This
is a negative trait he shares with his zodiac
sign, Taurus. But like Taurus he is productive.
His traditional lore can provide a source of
inspiration for the creatively inclined, and
his knowledge provides an excellent foundation
for those who come into their own in the
business world. Image from: Morgan E.
Cauthers-Knox.
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/o/morganc/morganc.html


Which Tarot Card Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I have to wonder a little as well. On the one hand, the teaching part fits me to a "t" as they say. The stubbornness, hmm, maybe a little. Maybe the results came out closer than I am willing to admit? I think I like the idea of communicating and interpreting for others. In my case, I will expand it to facilitate and to opening doors. Anyways, go give it a try.

Finally, this may be a bad segue, but using my card (the Pope), I will also point readers to Mr. Lindner's very thoughtful post on Librarianship as penance. Not what you think from the title, go read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sir!

I'd say that your Tarot card fits most librarians too. Maybe the Hierophant with a bit of the Fool would be a good mix for librarians....

And please feel free to call me Mark. I feel at a distinct disadvantage only knowing you as Angel.

Take care.

A. Rivera said...

Mark: It probably does, and yes, probably a combination with the fool (a bit more fool for some librarians than others?). I did not look to see the other results, so I do wonder what other card choices there might be.

In the meantime, you are most welcome, and thank you for stopping by. Best.

P.S. The rest of my name is not really a secret. If you visit the library link on my links, you can find me under the staff listing. Usually when I have not met someone, I go for the formal until told otherwise. I think it comes from the Spanish where you use "usted" versus "tu" (formal vs informal you. English does not have this). But ok, Mark it is if you call me Angel.