- It's billed as "From the makers of..." and you didn't like that movie.
- After the title are the words, ": The Movie."
- Only one week after the movie opens, it changes its advertising campaign from being an action thriller to "the comedy ride of a lifetime." (I have actually seen ads like that)
- Its newspaper ad states, "Featuring the hit single..."
- It calls itself "The Feel-Good Movie of the Year!"
I don't agree a whole lot with Mr. Elisberg's notion that rather than the movies coming out lately being bad, we are just getting a year older. I may be older, but the stuff is still bad for the most part. Let's not go into all the examples of bad remakes of classical movies, for instance. Anyhow, go read the rest of the list.