Friday, June 02, 2006

A modernist huh?

Well, it's Friday, so it's time, once again. . .you get the idea. Well, this quiz did not quite get me, but it did get fairly close. Overall, I have a bit of a spiritual side, albeit not a very defined one. If readers must know, I pretty much have no use for organized religion, but it does not mean I have no room for people to be spiritual in some way. I don't think being spiritual halts progress. I am sure over time some scientists have been very spiritual, but overall, I do think organized religion has a way of stiffling progress. Having said that, I do believe in science and reason, which at times I wish a few more people did instead of spending their time trying to bring the dark ages and ignorance back in vogue. Maybe that is part of why I became a librarian, to help keep the lights alive. At any rate, there's my little rant. Feel free to try the quiz yourself. My results then:


You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com

A hat tip to Mark Lindner's blog, his result and post here.

No comments: