Friday, October 26, 2007

My political persuasion? Another little quiz

Well, this quiz is not exactly as accurate, in my humble opinion, as another one I took a while back (see here). But it does catch a bit of where I stand since I do believe in having some compassion. I am not anti-business, but I do believe based on current events that some serious regulation to curtail their lack of ethics and just overdone greed is in good order. I am not against making the profits. Make all you want. Is when you make the profits using questionable accounting practices, forsaking ethics, and exploiting your workers, refusing to pay them a decent wage and treat them with dignity where I have a problem. But that's me. Anyways, we made it to another Friday. Enjoy the weekend.


You Are a Liberal for Life

You've got a bleeding heart - and you're proud of it.
For you, liberal means being compassionate, pro-government, and anti-business.
You believe in equality for every person, and you consider yourself universally empathetic.
Helping others is not just political for you ... it's very personal too.

2 comments:

waltc said...

Maybe it's because I'm a Californian, but I can't buy that being a liberal (and proud of it) means being anti-business. I think your comment is right on the money--well, except that I'm appalled by the incredible salaries that privileged hired hands make. Entrepreneurs? The sky's the limit. Entertainers? Ditto. Hired-hand managers, who frequently get "bonuses" in good times *and* bad? Anything over 20x the hourly rate of the lowest-paid employees in the organization gets my goat..much less, sigh, 350x and more.

A. Rivera said...

Walt: I don't get that either. Though there is something to be said for some folks and their incredible salaries.

Best, and keep on blogging.