Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy New Year to our Chinese Friends

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year. (Get a bit more information about it here). In the Chinese zodiac, this is a year of the Rat. Following the lead of other librarians with enquiring minds who checked, I went ahead and checked what my Chinese zodiac animal would be. My animal would be the Dog. According to some sources of information:

  • On the positive side: Loyal, modest, dependable, generous, patient, intelligent, straight-forward, attractive, well-meaning, spunky loving.
  • On the negative side: Worrier, quick-temper, blunt, restless, self-righteous, pessimistic, critical, petty, accusing, rebellious, reckless, eccentric.
  • And I could make an excellent businessman, activist, teacher, or secret agent.
Hmm, I would have to admit that a lot of those traits fit me quite well, although I am not so sure about the "attractive" part. And I did become a teacher. Anyways, a Happy New Year to our Chinese friends and those who celebrate with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel, Gong Xi Fa Cai! As it happens I was born in the Year of the Dog, too. This means we could be the same age... :)