- Check your voter registration status as soon as possible.
- Vote before Election Day if you can.
- Locate your polling place before Election Day.
- Plan ahead if you need special assistance.
- Don’t wear political attire to the polls.
- Bring some form of identification if you have it.
- Vote early in the day.
- Follow all instructions.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Take your time.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Tips for avoiding trouble or hassles when voting
I posted this to my Facebook feed, but I think you can't disseminate it enough. The ACLU's blog has provided a small list of things to do to avoid trouble when voting. Doing everything may not guarantee everything will go smooth, but it will likely help. Here is the list in brief: