Friday, May 29, 2009

Some extra items on the recent Catholic scandals, or an update to why I am not religious

I thought that once I got this post written, that it would likely be the last I would say on the topic. Well, things don't always go the way you plan. I came across the following video. This is testimony from one of the victims of the Irish Catholic Church abuses:





I have to say that it was one of the hardest things to watch I have recently looked at. If this does not move you, you are seriously lacking in humanity. And if this does not make you angry or outraged, you really need to check where your moral priorities reside. The pain that the man describes coupled with the way the church simply hid their misdeeds, then blamed the victims. It's just not right, to put it in very mild terms.

And then, The Rude Pundit comes out with a reply to William Donohue of the Catholic League. I put in my two cents on that guy in my previous post. Unlike me, who is pretty much restrained, he pulls no punches in telling it like it is, and it certainly needs to be shared. Yes, it has language, so as I always tell my three readers, if you are squeamish or sensitive skip. If you have the intestinal fortitude, go on and read. He puts it very well: there are times when you just shut the fuck up, and Donohue certainly missed it.

A hat tip to Pharyngula for the video.

No comments: