Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Friends 2009

July 1st is Canada Day, also known as Fête du Canada. That is Canada's national holiday, and it celebrates the anniversary of the British North America Act that united Canada as a single country of four provinces in 1867.

Here are a few links so you can learn more:


Here are some Canadian links:

And finally, a little humor, because a lot of us may want to be Canadian for a Day. In my case, there are days when I wish it could be for more than a day, but I digress. Anyhow, it is a catchy tune:




A hat tip for the video to Stephen's Lighthouse.

As a side note for myself, here is the post I made for my library's blog. It is a bit more basic than the one here, and obviously, I left out any possible humor out since it is the official library blog.

No comments: