The basics of the challenge seem pretty easy. Click on the link above for full details and to join in if you feel moved to do so.
- "Challenge will run from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015 and you can sign up at any time."
- "All book formats count: ebooks, paperbacks, audiobooks, comics, graphic novels and all books can be used for other challenges."
Since I am not too optimistic about what I may find in terms of books I want to read for this challenge, I am starting low. Not too low though. I am basing myself on the fact I read 5 Star Wars books in 2014. So, I am committing to the following level, with the option to upgrade as I go:
Let's see if we can beat last year's number by at least one. As I usually do with other challenges, I will be adding books to the list as I find and read them. I will add the links to the reviews as I post them on the blog.
May The Force Be With You.
List of books read for this challenge:
- Ian Doescher, William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return.
- James Luceno, Star Wars: Tarkin.
- W. Haden Blackman, Darth Vader and the Lost Command.
- Paul S. Kemp, Star Wars: Lords of the Sith.
- Jeremy Barlow, et.al., Star Wars, The Clone Wars: The Colossus of Destiny.
- Mike W. Barr, et.al., Star Wars, The Clone Wars: The Starcrusher Trap.
Update note (11/12/15): I completed this challenge with 6 books. It is on the low end, but it does complete the challenge I started out with. I am not a heavy Star Wars reader, but I will read a book here or there when it sounds interesting. I thought this challenge would be a bit easier to do, but it turns out there just are not that many Star Wars books out there I find interesting enough over time. In addition, for some reason, the blog hosting this challenge went "private" after it was posted, so I have no idea how the challenge progressed for others so on. Still, since I had already committed to it, I carried on and completed it. If I see a similar challenge to this one from a more reputable place, I may try it out again, but otherwise I will just pick and choose what I am interested in for Star Wars books and read at my own pace.