Friday, May 13, 2016

Booknote: ZIts Unzipped

Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman, Zits Unzipped. Kansas City, MO: Andrew McMeel Publishers, 2002.  ISBN: 978-0-7407-2322-3.

Genre: graphic novels and comics
Subgenre: humor, teens, family life
Format: paperback
Source: The Berea branch of the Madison County Public Library


This is a comic strip that I often read in newspapers, so when I saw my local public library had some of the book, I checked them out. The strips are drawn in black and white, so in a way it feels like I am reading them in the newspaper.

Jeremy is a 15-year old boy in high school dealing with the travails of being a teenager: parents, friends, school, family life, etc. The strength of the comic strip is that it captures daily life so well. Very often the comic strip reminds me of something in my own family, and I am sure that is the case for many readers out there. The comic is very amusing overall, and I found myself laughing often as I read through it. This was a nice relaxing read that I really liked for its good humor.

4 out of 5 stars.

This book qualifies for the following 2016 Reading Challenges:



No comments: