Friday, September 15, 2017

Booknote: Book of All-Time Stupidest Top 10 Lists

Kathryn Petras and Ross Petras,  The Stupidest Things Ever Said: Book of All-Time Stupidest Top Ten Lists. New York: Workman Publishing, 2011.  ISBN: 978-0-7611-6591-0.

Genre: nonfiction
Subgenre: humor, pop culture, lists, stupidity
Format: trade paperback
Source: I own this one. One of the last books I bought at Hastings before the company closed. 

This is basically a compilation of lists from the authors who put together the Stupidest Things Ever Said series. They've taken many of the statements they have compiled and put them into these lists. Some of the featured list topics include:

  • Actual book titles
  • Moments in live broadcasting
  • Lost in translation moments
  • Typically bureaucratic definitions
The result is a book that is amusing overall, but it does vary in quality. I did smile and even laugh at certain moments. I also found a few lists that seemed more forced. Quality and humor varied a bit as I read the book.

Overall, this is one of those books to read when you need something light to read. It is not a bad book for bathroom reading. In the end, I liked it. I did buy it used, but it may be more one to borrow.

3 out of 5 stars.

This book qualifies for the following 2017 Reading Challenges:








No comments: