Friday, May 25, 2018

BooknoteL The LEGO Movie: The Essential Guide

Hannah Dolan and LEGO, The LEGO Movie: the Essential Guide. New York: DK Publishing, 2014.  ISBN: 9781465417008.

Genre: nonfiction
Subgenre: children and young adult, LEGOs, movie tie-ins, toys
Format: hardback
Source: Berea branch  of the Madison County (KY) Public Library

I recently watched the movie, which I enjoyed for its charm, so when I saw the book at my local library, I picked it up. If your kid is a fan of the movie, then get them this book. You can also be a kid at heart to enjoy the movie and the book. I certainly did. The book is a nice hardback with 63 pages. It features great photos and illustrations throughout. The book also offers a section on how the movie was made, something I always find interesting. By the way, Benny the 1980s astronaut takes me back to my childhood when I had a few of those space sets, including one or two with a blue astronaut. Overall, this is a cute and easy book you can read with your child, or let them read it on their own, or you can read it yourself.

4 out of 5 stars.


No comments: