Friday, June 03, 2016

A meme of layers

This is another of those memes that have been sitting on my feed's queue for a while, and I am finally getting around to it. I saw it at Flexnib. My answers are in red.

LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE

What’s your preferred name? Angel works fine. Only place I use my middle name is with family.


Do you wear glasses? Yes. I have been nearsighted since I "became legal." (aka turned 21). There is no way I am putting in contacts, and I sure as hell am not getting laser surgery.


How would you describe your fashion style? Casual. Easy going. I definitely do not obsess over fashion or what to wear. If I wear a tie, it's usually some artsy quirky one (and I have a small collection of those). I only wear a full suit if I have to.


LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE

What do you fear? Pendejos, and the fact that there are so many of them out there.


What is your guilty pleasure? Probably watching episodes of Bar Rescue, The Profit, American Greed, Deadliest Catch, and a few other things on the DVR. I record stuff to watch later.


LAYER THREE: YOUR THOUGHTS

What was your first thought when you woke up today? As of this writing, time to get my morning journaling done, which includes drafting some notes for an upcoming book review on the blog and doing my Tarot card of the day draw and reflection.


What you think about most? Just making it through another day I guess; I do not have anything I fixate on really in terms of thoughts.


LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?

To be loved or respected? Respected.


Dogs or cats? It used to be dogs as a kid. It's cats now.


LAYER FIVE: BELIEF

Believe in yourself? Sure. A bit more after I became a librarian. (Long story there, but not for today.)

Believe in love? I suppose so, but I also believe in life before and after love.

Do you play a musical instrument? No. I wish my parents had got me to learn one, but oh well. I would love to learn, but lessons are not something I could afford.

Do you enjoy cooking? Actually I do. Simple things. I am not a trained cook or anything, but mom taught me enough not to starve. And hey, The Better Half seems to like my cooking fine.


Are you any good at gardening? No. Another one of those things I have not learned. Apartment living does not make this easy to happen neither.


LAYER SEVEN: YOUR FAVOURITES

Favourite animal? Cats. I find them fascinating, and I like that they can be (mostly) independent. I will add that, mythologically, I like dragons for their wisdom.

Favourite movie? The Godfather (since you are making me pick just one).

Favourite book? One Hundred Years of Solitude (in Spanish edition).

LAYER EIGHT: AGE

How old are you? 46 as of this post.


Does age matter? I do not think so. As long as the mind is sharp and working, it's all good. 

No comments: