Sunday, March 31, 2024

Media Notes: Roundup for March 2024

 

  

 

This is a somewhat random selection of the movies and series on DVD and/or online I watched during  March 2024.


Movies and films (links to IMDB.com for basic information unless noted otherwise). Some of these I watched via TubiTv.com or other online source. The DVDs come from the public library (unless noted otherwise). In addition, I will try to add other trivia notes, such as when a film is based on a book adding the information about the book (at least the WorldCat record if available).

Amazingly enough, I did not watch any movies this month. I've been reading a bit more, which is a good thing, and I have been binging some old television shows, which I am mentioning below. We'll see how it goes next month. In terms of media, this was a very slow month for me. Then again, I will add for an academic instruction librarian, it is busy time, so often I just got home tired, had dinner, read a book before bedtime.


Television and other series (basic show information links via Wikipedia unless noted otherwise). Some of these come in DVD from the public library. Others may be via YouTube, which, as noted before, I keep finding all sorts of other old shows in it, often full episodes.

Only thing I watched worth mentioning was NYPD Blue, which is available on Tubi. I've been zipping along through it.


  • NYPD Blue (1995-2003. Police procedural. Drama). Finished seasons 3 and 4. I am in the middle of season 5 as the month ends. The show has 12 seasons total. I am really liking it; it is as good as I remember.
    • In more actors you've seen elsewhere, Vanessa Del Rio, adult film star, makes an appearance as herself in Season 3, Episode 15. Tobin Bell comes back in the last episode of season 3 (different character).
    • When I mentioned previously that writers in this show really have it for Andy Sipowicz's character, in Season 3, Episode 20, two episodes before the season ends, Andy Jr. is killed. Just when father and son were starting to make up, the writers stick to Andy again. Last episodes of season 3 really bring the mood down, very moving. 
    • Again, actors you've seen elsewhere, Christopher Meloni, better known as Detective Stabler in Law and Order SVU, appears early in season four as a minor hoodlum. Continuing with the Law and Order cast, Dann Florek, who portrayed Captain Cragen in Law and Order and in the SVU spin off, makes an appearance in Season 5, Episode 7.
    • Episodes 8 and 9 of Season 5, "Lost Israel," is one of the intense episodes in the season, if not the series, as the squad deals with a rich father who is also a pedophile framing a homeless man for a crime. Moving episode with some serious suspense to it.
       

 

No comments: