Highlights of the rules. If you want to learn more, read the full rules, and/or sign up, click on the link above.
- Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2016.
- Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2016. No library books (the idea is to read books you have already).
- Books may be used to count for other challenges as well (I do plan to cross read).
To be cautious, I will commit to the low level again. If I manage to read more, I will upgrade the challenge. So, for now, I am committing to the following level:
Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
As I do with challenges, I will add books to my list as I read them. The first three books on the list, I am carrying over from 2015. In compliance with the rules, I had more than 50% of the book remaining to read, and I did acquire them before January 1st, 2016. The rest I will add as I go throughout the year. I will link them to the reviews as I post the reviews on the blog.
List of books read for this challenge:
- James Swallow, The Blood Angels Omnibus (Warhammer 40,000).
- Jane Lyle, The Illustrated Guide to Tarot.
- Staci Mendoza and David Bourne, Reading and Understanding the Mysteries of Tarot.
- Josephine Ellershaw, Easy Tarot Handbook.
- Isabella Alston and Kathryn Dixon, Tarot Cards.
- Robert Kirkman, Battle Pope, Volume 3: Pillow Talk.
- Robert Kirkman, Battle Pope, Volume 4: Wrath of God.
- Rachel Kramer Bussel, Dirty Dates: Erotic Fantasies for Couples.
Update note (12/30/16): I got close, but I was not able to finish this on time. I did get one more book read, but I will not have the review up on the blog by the end of the year, so I am stopping here with 8 books read and reviewed for the challenge. I felt like I almost had it, but I kept finding some very good books at the library and via NetGalley. This is a challenge I enjoy doing, so I will be signing up for it again in 2017.