Monday, January 16, 2017

Be nice if someone reads to me in 2017

I first tried the Audiobooks Challenge in 2016, and I completed it successfully. I found that I do enjoy when someone reads me the text once in a while. For audiobooks, I tend to prefer nonfiction and light reading since I am often listening to the book while I am doing other things blogging. My only concern with  this challenge is finding books to read. My local public library is my source for audiobooks, but their selection is a bit limited. I am hoping that I can use their Overdrive system to get a new (or at least new to me) selections to complete this challenge.

Here is the sign up page where you can see details and sign up if you are interested.




As I did last year, I am committing initially to the following level:

Newbie (I'll give a try): 1 to 5 books read and reviewed. 

I listened to five books last year. I think I will be able to upgrade, but  it is dependent on what books in audio I can get my hands on. We'll see.

I will be adding books to the list as I pick them up and read them. I will link the reviews as I post the reviews.

List of books read for this challenge:

  1. John G. Palfrey, BiblioTech.  
  2. Jennifer Worick, Things I Want to Punch in the Face
  3. Jen Mann, People I Want to Punch in the Throat
  4. Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential.

Update note (11/30/17): With four books read and reviewed, the initial challenge commitment. I will note that the challenge in this instance for me is finding audiobooks I may be interested in. My local public library holdings locally are woefully out of date and limited in selection (seriously, they need some serious weeding and updating). Their Overdrive is not that much better. So I may or not do it next year depending on what I can find. I do overall enjoy having someone read to me.


No comments: