You can visit the link above for further details on the challenge and if you wish to sign up. Here are some rule highlights:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015. (That is easy for me. I did not listen to a single one in 2015, so if I do just one, I would outdo myself. However, I will try to get more than one in).
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.).</li> </ul> <br />
Nice thing about this challenge is that any genre counts, and crossovers are good too. So I will try to cross selections here to other challenges. Given my preference for nonfiction in audio, I will probably cross titles from here to the nonfiction challenge I am also doing. Since I am just giving this a try, I am going to commit to the lowest level. Naturally, if I manage to read more, I will upgrade.
As usual, I will add books to the list of books read as I get to them. I already picked up one from my local public library today. It is a reread for me; I read it in print a while back, but since I enjoy Mr. Black's comedy, I figured listening to him read it should be fun.
List of books listened to/read for this challenge:
- Lewis Black, Me of Little Faith.
- Elizabeth Warren, A Fighting Chance.
- Ellen DeGeneres, Seriously...I'm Kidding.
- Denis Leary, Why We Suck.
- Bill Maher, New Rules.