Monday, January 16, 2017

Reading Library Books in 2017

I always try to do a library related reading challenge. I do it in part because I am a librarian, and I have a soft spot for library related things. In addition, a significant amount of books I read come from libraries-- my local public library, my workplace library, or interlibrary loan.  So it feels natural to do this kind of challenge. A detail that seems to be  an issue is the stability of these challenges. The one I am signing up now has changed names at least twice, and yet I have managed to follow them along. We'll see how it goes this year. I am doing the following library reading challenge this year:

Library Love Challenge 2017. (link to sign up page at Bea's Book Nook)
Library Love Challenge (sign up at Angel's Guilty Pleasures



Based on  what I have completed before, I am going to start at the following level:

Thrifty Reader: Read and review 24 books. 

If I read more, I will upgrade. I will add books to the reading list as I pick them up to read. I will link to the reviews when I post them to the blog.





List of books read for this challenge:


  1. Becky Libourel Diamond, The Thousand Dollar Dinner
  2. "The Usual Gang of Idiots," The Mad Bathroom Companion: the Gushing Fourth Edition
  3. Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman, Zits: Sketchbook 1
  4. Seán Michael Wilson, Bushido: the Soul of the Samurai.
  5. Mark Kurlansky, Paper: Paging Through History.





No comments: