Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Second Quarterly Update on the Horror Reading Challenge.



I usually do not do updates like this for challenges in the middle of the year, but the host of this challenge encourages an update post every quarter. I missed the first quarter, and I am barely making it for the second now. I have not been too prolific reading in the horror genre, but I have met the quota for the challenge I selected.

I started out as 1-5 Horror Books = Running Scared.

As of today, I am now at 6-10 Horror Books = Brave Reader.

I have read the following books so far that qualify for this challenge. The ones with links have reviews posted on the blog:

  1. Scott Snyder, American Vampire, Volume 5. 
  2. Kennedy Xu, Daomu.
  3. Scott Snyder, American Vampire, Volume 7.  
  4. Mitzi Szereto, ed., Darker Edge of Desire.  
  5. Ryan Burton, et.al., Dark Engine, Volume 1: The Art of Destruction. 
  6. Brian Keene, Castaways.  
  7. Steve Niles and Damien Worm, October Faction, Volume 1. 
  8.  Z. Rider, Insylum. 
  9. Corina Sara Bechko, Heathentown.
The review for Castaways is actually written up in my journal. I just have to find some time to transcribe and edit it for the blog.  I have one more book, a galley, by Z. Rider to read, so that will likely be added to the list. Since I did complete my initial commitment, the challenge is done, but I am going to continue. I think I can make it to ten, but if not, I think I did ok here. We'll see how it goes. A good thing about the challenge is it has helped me rediscover my enjoyment of the horror genre.

Next month is October, and Halloween is coming up.

No comments: