Friday, May 15, 2020

Booknote: Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Empire, Volume 2

Various authors, Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Empire, Volume 2. New York: Marvel, 2015. ISBN: 978-0-7851-9724-9.

Genre: graphic novels and comics
Subgenre: science fiction, Star Wars
Format: trade paperback
Source: Interlibrary Loan from Hutchins Library, Berea College. Book came from Ada Community Library, Boise, Idaho.


In this part of the series, we continue to follow some characters from the first volume such as Bomo Greenbark and Jedi Master Dass Jennir. We also follow Darth Vader as he continues with some of his own plans, including trying to get a rare ancient Sith artifact.

Overall, I continue to enjoy this series, and I am finding it entertaining. This volume contains stories I have not read before. I liked the "Vector" story, the one about the ancient artifact. I also enjoyed the "Out of the Wilderness" arc, which does have an ending setting up for the next installment. The stories in this volume are good, and most of the art is good as well. To be honest, some of these stories could make better films than Disney's new sequels. Stories here keep your attention and are fast paced. I found myself reading this volume pretty quickly. In the end, I really liked it, and I'll be looking for the next volume.

As I said for volume 1, these collections make a good selection for libraries as they collect full story arcs in one place.

4 out of 5 stars.


No comments: