Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Doing the #StayAtHome Diaries Tag

The tag comes from Angel's Guilty Pleasures. I figured this could be a bit amusing in these Hard Times, and if nothing else, I can say I wrote at least one thing related to the pandemic. Questions are as provided.

The last thing you googled.

To be honest, as I write this, I do not quite recall what was the last thing I googled. It was either the hours to our local Ollie's Bargain Outlet (they had at the time a pretty good deal on hand sanitizer, which the Better Half did manage to get) or some unknown phone number that called my cell phone that I looked up to determine whether to block or not (they got blocked).


Last book you read.

As of this post, Tarot Plain and Simple (link to my review).



Last movie you watched.

Dead Snow 2: Red Vs Dead (it is listed in my April 2020 Media Roundup).


Last thing you did before socially isolating.

Another one of those things I am not quite sure about. Given I am fairly introvert, and I go out minimally, it probably was something pretty routine.


What is your quarantine personality? couch potato or overachiever? 

Pretty much couch potato.


Average number of hours you sleep at night?

According to the FitBit, I am averaging 9 hours this week. My sleep routine has not really changed as a result of the quarantines. I tend to go to bed on the early side, read a bit before bed, then go to sleep.


Last thing you ordered online.

Hay House was having a big card decks sale the first week the quarantines and social distancing hit, so I went ahead and ordered the Light Seer's Tarot deck and the Native Spirit Oracle cards. They were $10 or so each, so they were practically giving them away. The Tarot deck was the one I really was after. The oracle deck I got more out of curiosity and because the art looked good on some online reviews  I saw. While I tend to avoid Native American themed decks, this one looks nice, it is fairly basic and inoffensive, looks fairly universal in appeal. We will see how it works out. When I work with the decks a bit, I will post reviews here on the blog.


First thing you'll do when this is over.

Probably take a small road trip, go out someplace. Do some overdue sightseeing.


If you could choose-- who would be your ideal quarantine companion?

I already got the Better Half. I am good.


What are you most grateful for?

I am grateful for the fact that the effect of the lockdowns has been pretty minimal on our family. I am able to still go to work, albeit in an empty library where the few of us providing services virtually keep social distance (a lot of social distance). The Better Half is still able to work as well; she works food service so we keep good thoughts she stays safe and healthy. Overall, grateful then we are both still gainfully employed, still getting paid. Many people out there cannot say that.

I should add I am grateful that I work for the college I work at as academic librarian. At a time when a lot of universities and colleges basically tossed out their students into the cold and are furloughing or outright laying off employees (especially lower rank workers), my college has done its best to keep everyone employed and has taken relatively good care of the students that had to be sent home. Things may not be ideal, but they have been pretty good here. Many out there are facing seriously grim conditions. 

I am also grateful that so far everyone in the family is healthy. We take precautions where we can, social distancing, I wear a mask when I go into some places, and overall limit going out. Definitely grateful for still having relatively good health.

I am grateful we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, and options for entertainment such as media and books. I am grateful for the blessings we still have in these Hard Times.




2 comments:

Angela (Angel's Book Nook) said...

Nice answers. Thank you for sharing!

A. Rivera said...

@Angel's Guilty Pleasures: Thank you for sharing the prompts and stopping by. Best, and keep on blogging.