Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Holiday Post 2020: Books and Reading

Welcome to the third post in my Holiday Posts series for 2020. Today we look at books, book lists, and stuff about reading. It is that time of the year when anybody who is anybody makes a list of books for the year that they think you ought to read. For me, doing this post serves as an overview of what happened with books during the year, plus it can be a bit of reader's advisory, and it can also give me new books to add to the ever growing To Be Read (TBR) list. As usual, I will add commentary here or there.
 
 
 

General Lists

Let's start with general lists. I will do my best to avoid the big "usual" lists since I am sure you can find those on your own just fine. 2020 was a year when a lot of politics, social issues, and activism took front and center, which for me means they fall under my moratorium on reading those types of books. Therefore there is a lot that came out recently I have not read (in order to keep my sanity and keep my blood pressure low). Still I am sharing these lists for those of you out there who may be interested. These are in no particular order.

 

Specific Topics

Lists of books in specific topics and categories.  

 
 

Graphic Novels 

 

Bookish stuff and trivia


 
 

No comments: