Friday, February 18, 2022

Top Graphic Novels and Comics of 2021

Welcome to the last post in my series of top books read in 2021. Today I am looking at the top graphic novels and comics I read in 2021. This is based on books that I rated with four or five stars. These are either comics series compilations, in other words, no single issue comics, or standalone graphic novels. List can also include manga. Links go to reviews of the books if available at this time.

For me, the big reading event in this category was The Boys series. I have been reading the omnibus editions via Hutchins Library, my library, and I have read 4 out of the 6 volumes in the series. I hope to read the last two and complete the series in 2022. 







The Boys Omnibus, Volume 3 (review coming soon)






The Boys Omnibus, Volume 4 (review coming soon)

If you want to find out what the big deal about the Mueller Report was without reading the 400+ pages of the text, this may be the best next thing. The book not only explains the report. The book reveals a dramatic story that reads like a combination of soap opera and playground story. It is not meant to be a funny book, but the story at times gets so ridiculous you just have to laugh.





This volume collects the first eleven episodes (stories) of the series. Young Sota wishes to be a chef someday, and he is starting from the bottom and working his way up. A good and entertaining series with a likeable protagonist. 




No comments: