Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Short book review: The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics

David Kendall, ed., The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics. London, UK: Robinson, 2008. ISBN:  9781845297145.

Genre: comics and graphic novels
Subgenre: horror, zombies
Format: trade paperback
Source: I own this one. Bought secondhand 

 

This is a collection of 18 zombie comics. The zombies here vary from flesh eaters we commonly see to victims of voodoo curses and somnambulists among others. The comics vary in length from a few pages to much longer. Some of the longer tales were a bit too long to be honest. It took me a long time to finish the volume in part because some of the longer tales are just not that interesting, so the reading dragged. As often in anthologies, some stories are better than others. Overall, the volume was OK. Fans of the zombie genre may enjoy it. I'd consider it an optional selection for libraries. 

2 out of 5 stars. 

This book qualifies for the following 2023 Reading Challenge:

 

Boycott note: Robinson is one of the imprints of Hachette, which is part of my boycott on publishers and their imprints suing Internet Archive. Only reason I am posting the review is because I started reading it before March 27, 2023 when the boycott started. Aside from posting it here, I am not actively sharing it on social media.


No comments: