Friday, March 08, 2024

Tarot and esoterica books I read in 2023

Welcome to the last of my post in my series of top books I read in 2023. This list is a bit different as I am listing all the books I read in Tarot and esoterica for the year. I am not including any companion books for cartomancy decks I also read. I am including the full list because last year a couple of readers mentioned finding this list useful, so I hope this one is useful as well to my four readers. The list is in no particular order, and if a review has been posted to the blog by now I will include a link. 


You Tarot Toolkit: Simple Activities For Your Daily Practice.

 

 

From my review: "Overall, this is a basic and concise Tarot book to work with the cards individually. I can recommend it mainly for beginners and for mid-range Tarot practitioners. It's easy to read and very accessible."

 

The Big Book Of Tarot Meanings: the Beginner's Guide to Reading the Cards. 

 

 

 From my review: "This is a very good Tarot reference book to keep handy. It is easy to use and easy to read. Doing a love reading, and you are puzzled by cards that may represent finances? This book can help with that."

 

Easy Tarot Combinations: How to Connect the Cards for Insightful Readings. 

 

 

 

From my review: "The core of the book is in each card's featured combinations, which provide jumping points to help us expand our reading abilities. If you need a bit of help with a card combination, this is a good book to have on hand." 

 

 

Doctoring the Devil: Notebooks of an Appalachian Conjure Man

 

 

 

From my review: "As with the author's previous book, you do not have to be a worker to read this. If you are seeking to learn how to do it, it is a good guide. This book does emphasize more how to do things. It may be more practical than the previous book. However, it also works as a good look at the region and a very significant part of its folklore."

 

 

 Roots, Branches, and Spirits: the Folkways and Witchery of Appalachia

 



From my review: "The author writes and teachers readers about the old ways. The publisher describes the book as 'part cultural journey and part magical guide' (from the back cover)." 



The Evil Eye: the History, Mystery, and Magic of the Quiet Curse

 
 
 
 
 



From my review: "Overall, I liked the book, especially the card entries. Entries are concise and informative. A good starting book for beginners, but it may be too basic for intermediate and advanced users. This is one I would give to a beginner along with a card deck. I would consider ordering it for our library. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
From my review: "The book's authors are here to show us that you can have a robust, healthy, and thriving witchcraft and magick practice without taking out a second mortgage nor selling a kidney."
 
 


No comments: