Monday, January 16, 2017

Climbing up Mount TBR in 2017

The Mount TBR Reading Challenge is one that I enjoy, but it is not one I have always completed successfully. I managed to make it in 2015, but I fell short last year. So, I am packing my climbing gear and I am taking another stab at it; I just can't quit this challenge. I have plenty of books of my own in my TBR (to be read) pile that I need to try to clear out a bit. So without further ado, here we go.

Some of the rules, according to their website:

  • Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
  • Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2017. No library books. (I read a lot of library books, which is what at times distracts me from this challenge, so I will make an effort to pay a bit more attention). 
If you want to sign up (you can do so until November 1st, 2017), here is the link for the sign up page:




Once again, I will attempt to complete the following mountain:

Pike's Peak: Read and review 12 books from the TBR pile. 

As always, if I read more, I will attempt to upgrade to the next mountain. I will add books to my list as I pick them up and read them. I will link the reviews on the list once I post them.

Books read for this challenge:

  1. Colette Baron-Reid, Enchanted Map Oracle Cards (with book).  
  2. Editors of Yankee Magazine, Yankee Magazine's Living Well on a Shoestring
  3. Clay Cane, Live Through This
  4. Kathryn Petras and Ross Petras,  The Stupidest Things Ever Said: Book of All-Time Stupidest Top Ten Lists.
  5. Jennifer Adams, et.al., Emma: an Emotions Primer
  6. Jennifer Adams, et.al., Treasure Island: a Shapes Primer.
  7. Alana Fairchild, The Isis Oracle (deck and book set).  
  8. Joanna Powell Colbert, The Gaian Tarot (deck and book set).
  9. Andy Schmidt, G.I. Joe: Future Noir. (review post scheduled)
  10. Jonathan J. Moore, Dreadful Diseases and Terrible Treatments. (review post scheduled)
  11. Ryan Mecum, Vampire Haiku. (review post scheduled)
  12. Melanie Marquis, Modern Spellcaster's Tarot. (deck and book set) (review to be written)

Update Note (11/30/17): Initial challenge completed. As of today, 8 books read and reviewed. Remaining books, except for number 12, have reviews done and scheduled for publication. Last book I am in process of writing the review. 







No comments: