Friday, February 10, 2023

Top Nonfiction Read in 2022

Today I am looking at the top nonfiction books I read in 2022. These are not necessarily books published in 2022. According to my end of year reading list and report, I read 42 nonfiction books. Out of those, I have eight books that I rated either four or five stars out of five stars that I am sharing now. If I have a review posted for the book, I am including the link. The list is in no particular order. 



Giuliani: the Rise and Tragic Fall of America's Mayor.


Made in China: a Prisoner, an S.O.S. Letter, and the Hidden Cost of America's Cheap Goods.


From my review: "This is a moving book that draws you in. It tugs at the heart at times. I will add it may not be for some sensitive readers, but I think as many people as possible need to read it, more so if it makes them uncomfortable."

 


 The Playbook: How to Deny Science, Sell Lies, and Make a Killing in the Corporate World.


 Gangsters Vs. Nazis: How Jewish Mobsters Battled Nazis in Wartime America.

 

From my review: "This is a book about a part of U.S. history that few people may know about. Yes, the U.S. had a Nazi past (you could argue it still does have a Nazi and fascist present), which many in the U.S. often ignore. Thus this is a must read. It is a book that reveals a part of U.S. history mostly forgotten until now."

 


 The King of Confidence: a Tale of Utopian Dreamers, Frontier Schemers, True Believers, False Prophets, and the Murder of an American Monarch.

 

From my review: "This book is not just a biography. It is a well written history of the United States at the time through the lens of James Strang's life. You are bound to learn new things and/or see them in a different light from reading this book."

 


 The Library: a Fragile History.

From my review: "This book aims to be a history of libraries from antiquity to the modern era. It is not just about libraries. It is also about books, collectors, book sellers, a lot of wealthy people, and folks who had the title of librarian, whether they deserved it or not."

 

 


 Star Wars Year by Year: a Visual History.

From my review: "This is another excellent coffee table book from DK Publishing.  The book looks at the history of Star Wars from it development in the 1960s to The Mandalorian. It covers from 1914-1972, before Star Wars, to 2021. "


 Allow Me to Retort: a Black Guy's Guide to the Constitution.

 From my review: "If you are stuck having to argue with some Republican/conservative about the 'greatness' of the document, this book explains exactly why they are wrong most if not all of the time. So read this book and keep it handy. "



No comments: