Friday, February 17, 2023

Top Graphic Novels, Comics, and Manga I Read in 2022

These are my top reads in graphic novels, comics, and manga for 2022. These are titles that I rated at four or five stars. The list is in no particular order, and if I have a review done by now, I am including a link. 


Usagi Yojimbo: Bunraku and Other Stories.


Bomb Run and Other Stories.




From the review: "I personally liked the Tarkin story, which shows how ruthless he can be. The Jabba the Hutt tale was pretty good too with a bit of a twist revealing that the gangster can also be practical."



From my review: "For starters, the art in this book is very good. Early on Shadowman and Baron Samedi look very good. I particularly liked the sort of dark and fun portrayal of Baron Samedi. The art overall is colorful and can be a bit evocative."



From my review: "Story combines good action with a bit of the grittiness Batman comics are known for, and it also maintains the humor that distinguishes TMNT comics."





From my review: "Deadpool's humor is spot on in this series. His fourth wall breaks are great, and he aims his humor at everyone up to and including his publishers-- Marvel and Shonen Jump. "





From my review: "The Merc With the Mouth is back and still doing all sorts of hijinks in Tokyo as part of the newly formed team Samurai Squad."




From my review: "Author Alquié takes Matsumoto's story and art in a new direction that is a sequel to the 1970s original series.  If you watched and enjoyed the original series, you'll probably enjoy this one as well."




From my review: "This is a solid selection for libraries with graphic novel collections. I'd buy it for our library."



 
From my review: "The author travels from France to Japan to learn all he can about sushi. Along the way not only do we learn about sushi, but we also learn about elements of sushi such as the fish and the rice as well as those who make it and even related topics like sake and soy sauce."





No comments: