Monday, January 13, 2020

Listening to some books in 2020: the Audiobook Challenge

I continue posting my reading challenges for 2020. I did this challenge before, and I found that I enjoyed doing it, so I am going to give it a go for 2020. As I wrote when I did this challenge last in 2017, the issue for me is selection. My local public library branch holdings are woefully out of date, and at the time Overdrive was not better. I understand they have added some more online options, so I will probably try those out as well as Overdrive again. Still, I do enjoy when someone reads to me, so I am willing to try this challenge again in 2020.



Detail highlights for the 2020 Audiobook Challenge:

  • You can sign up here and read the rules. 
  • Runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
  • Any genre counts, as long as it is in some audio format.
  • Last time I did this, I did the Newbie level, and I managed to complete that. I am going to up the ante a bit and commit initially to the next level up: Weekend Warrior = 5 to 10 books. If I read more than that, I will upgrade. 
  • I will list the books as I read them, and I will link the reviews in the book titles as I post reviews.

List of books read for this challenge:

  1.  Neil Gaiman, Norse Mythology.
  2. Reid Mitenbuler, Bourbon Empire.
  3. Peter Maas, Underboss
  4. Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express (2017 movie tie-in edition). 
  5. George Carlin, George Carlin Reads To You.

Challenge commitment completed on 12/9/2020.




No comments: